Posts tagged nra
Posts tagged nra
The top 10 list is a far cry from the remarks NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre made at a press conference a week after the Newtown shooting, when he decried Hollywood.
The irony of course is the NRA was whining about how violence in movies and video games are responsible for murders:
“Through vicious, violent video games with names like Bulletstorm, Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat and Splatterhouse. And here’s one: it’s called Kindergarten Killers. It’s been online for 10 years. How come my research department could find it and all of yours either couldn’t or didn’t want anyone to know you had found it?
Then there’s the blood-soaked slasher films like “American Psycho” and “Natural Born Killers” that are aired like propaganda loops on “Splatterdays” and every day, and a thousand music videos that portray life as a joke and murder as a way of life. And then they have the nerve to call it “entertainment.”
But is that what it reallyis? Isn’t fantasizing about killing people as a way to get your kicks really the filthiest form of pornography?”
Cant have it both ways asshole.
The design for the plastic gun that can be made with a 3-D printer have been released by a pro-gun activist.
It already been downloaded thousands of times.
Pro-gun folk will tell you that’s the price of freedom.
Al Queda will say Thank You.
I’ll let you draw your own conclusions about a fully operational plastic gun undetectable by airport metal detectors.
Pro-gun activists are planning to march from Virginia into Washington, D.C., on July 4 as part of an open carry demonstration that could bring thousands of illegally displayed weapons into the nation’s capital. The event, coordinated by libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh and advertised as an “Open Carry March on Washington,” is hoping to bring upward of 10,000 demonstrators ready to say “in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.”
Its allegedly a peaceful event. IF you do go act responsibly.
Respect and follow the law.
Many on The Pro Any Asshole With A Heartbeat Can Own A Gun side ASSume that the majority of us on the pro gun control side are against guns. That’s the problem. Actually that’s THEIR problem. Cause when we say reasonable gun control all they hear is (emphasis added):
“BANNNN ALLLLLL GUNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Crazy I know but that’s ALL they ever hear.
I think most gun control people have similar views that I have:
1) Well regulated: Means the Govt (which by the way is ELECTED BY THE PEOPLE. For those paranoid idiots) can reasonable regulated.
2) All people are entitled to own a gun or gunsssss to protect their home. No one wants to take away your hunting rifle or have guns.
3) We know criminals don’t do the right thing. But we also know EVERY GUN used ILLEGALLY was obtained legally initially. The biggest problem is illegal gun trafficking.
4) We also know that that tired lame ass moronic statement “guns don’t kill. People kill” is true. People with guns have higher body counts. However yes, the inanimate object cannot kill by itself. That is why many of us advocate for background checks on PEOPLE.
5) We know gun laws will not eliminate all gun crimes. Just like drinking and driving laws and seat-belts don’t eliminate drunk driving nor save all lives. But those laws HAVE cut down the amount of deaths that we had WITHOUT THEM. We feel things like background checks will save lives but not all.
6) While we support all law biding citizens right to bare arms. We draw the line on weapons of war. AR-15 which is a slightly modified version of the M-4 Assault rifle. Shouldn’t be on our streets. If you need an assault rifle to hunt, then you suck at hunting. If you need an assault rifle to protect your home then maybe you should move. Cause unless you live in downtown Kabul there is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to protect your home with hand guns, shotguns or hunting rifle. If you need more then that then you live in in a real shitty neighborhood.
I can go on but the clear view that most on the gun control side feel is YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OWN GUNS!!!! I say again for those too fucking stupid to understand
YOU (person reading this and anybody else you may know)
HAVE (IT’S YOURS)
A RIGHT (CONSTITUTION SAYS ITS YOURS)
TO OWN (Can be purchased or given to you)
A GUN(S) (Firearm or more)
We just feel there are limits. Just like there are limits to all are rights.
First Amendment says I have free speech. But I can’t yell “fire” in a move theatre.
Constitution says my daughter can vote when she turns 18.
I can assemble and protest but I can’t do it on PRIVATE PROPERTY.
We also know that part of the reason we can own guns is to keep the govt in check. We get that.
But if you plan on defeating our military, all the AR-15’s in the world aren’t going to help you.
Just ask the last group of American people who decided to bare arms against the legally elected Govt:
The CONfederacy how that worked out.
The pro Any Asshole With A Heartbeat Can Own A Gun side doesn’t believe there should be an age limit for gun POSSESION. They will tell you that “When I was five my pappy tool me hunting. I didn’t shoot anybody”.
That it’s the parents who are at fault. The parent should secure the ammo and gun.
They will tell you all of that.
But to them it’s perfectly acceptable for a 3 year old to fire a gun.
It’s their constittitional right.
It’s also their constitutional right to vote.
You have to be 18 to do that.
Cause they cant. #p2 #tcot
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports that a 5-year-old boy accidentally killed his 2-year-old sister earlier this week, shooting her with a Crickett .22-caliber single-shot rifle. The boy and his family apparently didnt realize that a shell had been left in the gun. Just one of those crazy accidents, said Gary White,…
I so love the stupidity of gun nuts.
While yes they dont actually say “Kids tell mom and dad buy this gun” only a blind deaf dumb total asshole idiot (aka CONservative “any idiot with a heartbeat should own a gun” NUT) wouldnt know who this ad is talking to.